The NPQML is for middle leaders or aspiring middle leaders
The Professional Learning Network is delighted to offer the NPQML in partnership * with The Surrey Teaching Schools Network (STSN), a DfE accredited NPQ provider.
PLN and STSN have a successful track record of running the national leadership programmes. Both networks are committed to developing outstanding leaders who can transform schools and ultimately improve educational outcomes for young people. The following details provide an outline of the content and assessment of the NPQML.
The following details provide an outline of the content and assessment of the NPQML.
The programme comprises 4 half days of face-to-face events, 6 weeks of online learning and the opportunity to share and learn from the experiences of practising school leaders from a variety of backgrounds and educational contexts.
The programme will be run over a twelve month period; participants will be expected to complete the assessment at the end of this time.
There are 6 areas of learning which will be delivered through three discrete units:
- Strategy and Improvement/ Leading with impact
- Teaching and Curriculum Excellence /Increasing Capability
- Managing Resources and Risks / Working in PartnershipEach unit is complemented by a two week online course which is delivered by a team of expert online tutors.
Participants are expected to:
- Lead an improvement project in their team, lasting at least 2 terms, aimed at improving pupil progress and attainment as well as the capability of their team.
- Submit a written account of the project demonstrating how they have met the set criteria. This should cover the initiation, implementation and evaluation of the project. It will also include written evidence/ appropriate documentation and further evidence/verification from the participant’s assessment coach and headteacher.Participants have to nominate their line manager or a senior manager to be their school based tutor.
Programme dates and time:
Session 1 – Friday 2nd March 2018 8.30—12.30
Session 2 – Monday 23rd April 2018 1.15—17.00
Session 3 – Thursday 5th July 2018 1.15—17.00
Session 4 – Wednesday 12th October 1.15—17.00
Session 1 – Monday 17th September 8.30—12.30
Session 2 – Monday 19th November 2018 8.30—12.30
Session 3 – Wednesday 27th February 2019 8.30—12.30
Session 4 – Thursday 6th June 2019 8.30—12.30
Lyons Hall Primary School, Deerleap Way, Braintree CM7 9FH
Cost: £850 * Scholarship funding may be available
For further information or an application form please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01376 552393