National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders NPQSL
The Professional Learning Network is delighted to offer the NPQSL in partnership* with The Surrey Teaching Schools Network, a DfE accredited NPQ provider.
PLN and STSN have a successful track record of running the national leadership programmes. Both networks are committed to developing outstanding leaders who can transform schools and ultimately improve educational outcomes for young people.
The programme includes 3 full and 1 half day face-to-face events, 6 weeks of facilitated online learning, self directed learning and the opportunity to share and learn from the experiences of practising school leaders from a variety of backgrounds and educational contexts. The programme will be run over a 12 month period; participants will be expected to complete the assessment at the end of this time.
There are 6 areas of learning which will be delivered through four discrete units:
- Strategy and Improvement
- Teaching and Curriculum Excellence
- Increasing Capability / Managing Resources and Risks
- Strategy Working in Partnership /Leading with impact
Each unit is complemented by a two week online course which is facilitated by a team of expert online tutors or online self-directed learning.
Fri 2 March 2018 1.15—17.00
Weds 9 May 2018 9.30—16.00
Fri 6 July 2018 9.30—16.00
Weds 3 October 2018 9.30—16.00
Monday 17th September 2018 1.15—17.00
Tuesday 20th November 2018 9.30—16.00
Tuesday 26th February 2019 9.30—16.00
Weds 5th June 2019 9.30—16.00
£1,050 – Scholarship funding may be available
Lyons Hall Primary School, Deerleap Way, Braintree, Essex CM7 9FH
Reserve your place by returning your application form by 29 June to email@example.com Tel: 01376 552393
Participants are expected to:
- Lead an improvement project across their school, lasting at least 2 terms, to reduce variation in pupil progress and attainment (part A) and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of teaching (part B).
- Submit a written account of the project demonstrating how they have met the set criteria. This should cover the initiation, implementation and evaluation of the project. It will also include written evidence/ appropriate documentation and further evidence/verification from the participant’s school based tutor and headteacher.
Participants have to nominate their line manager or a senior manager to be their school based tutor.