The Professional Learning Network (PLN) is a collaboration of schools, bringing together over 50 primary and secondary schools working to improve the quality of teaching and learning in Mid Essex.
Our schools are supported by Lyons Hall Primary which is a School Direct Lead School for Initial Teacher Training, and a Delivery Partner for the Early Career Framework Programme, the Specialist National Professional Qualifications and the Leadership National Professional Qualifications (NPQs)
As well as offering training and support for our partnership, PLN identifies and coordinates expertise from the Partnership, using the best leaders and teachers to deliver School Improvement activities.
PLN is pleased to be a strategic partner of the Saffron Teaching School Hub who bring together a wide range of partners and schools across five Essex local authority districts to provide professional development, school-to-school support and deliver staff recruitment and retention.
The Professional Learning Network is underpinned by the following core principles which we believe are key in delivering School Improvement.
- We believe people have the necessary resources to make changes.
- We believe possibilities are infinite.
- We believe if it works we’ll do more of it, if it doesn’t we’ll do something different.
- We believe co-operation enhances positive change.
- We believe you only get out what you put in.